The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL), a fast-growing provider of acquisition services to the US federal government, is looking for a self-starting contracting specialist to join our team. NSTXL designs, develops, issues, and manages innovative solutions for the U.S. Department of Defense through Other Transaction (OT) consortiums. Our contracting specialists work directly with government program and contracting offices, as well as industry contracting offices, to identify, refine, and clarify requirements; craft and implement acquisition approaches; support the issuance and management of government solicitations; and then negotiate and contract with selected vendors. Through our innovative contracting approach, we issue clearly defined solicitations through our OTAs that garner interest from a broad array of traditional and non-traditional vendors.
This contracting specialist will work directly with government clients and NSTXL consortium managers in all phases of our prototypes.
- Work with our government clients to identify and formulate clear and concise prototype solicitations.
- Act as a knowledgeable liaison and partner to the requiring government activity to include the applicable contracting command.
- Manage the solicitation process in conjunction with other NSTXL staff.
- Work with the NSTXL marketing team to ensure broad distribution of the solicitation to meet the client’s goals.
- Answer members and potential respondent questions regarding the solicitation process and the solicitation.
- Interact with bidders and potential bidders on behalf of the government.
- Help organize and moderate demo days and oral presentations.
- Assist the government selection process
- Negotiate performer contracts with the selected vendors
- Facilitate and review contract modifications
- Help organize kickoff meetings
- Work with our government clients and commercial/academia prototype developers to ensure successful prototype completion in conjunction with other NSTXL staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years Department of Defense government contracting experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication capabilities
- Good team working and team building skills
- Strong work ethic
- Problem solver
- Advanced Degree
- Previous/current holder of contracting officer’s warrant
- DAWIA Level I, II, or III certification
- Active security clearance (Secret or higher)
- Experience with Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) process
- Self-starter capable of working without minimal supervision
- Orlando, Florida; Crane, Indiana; Portland, Oregon; Huntsville, Alabama; Washington, DC
- Travel for this position is estimated at 25%
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL) harvests innovative technology from the commercial and non-defense marketplace, ensuring the development of better, cheaper, and faster defense capabilities. We offer a unique and simplified approach to rapidly develop, demonstrate, and assess prototypes that address a range of operational and installation needs, from individual Warfighter technology up to large-scale installation projects. NSTXL delivers technology to the Warfighter by serving as a one-stop shop to match government requirements with innovative private-sector and academic solutions. We believe that our people are our greatest assets and aim to be one of the top small companies to work for in America. NSTXL is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].