There is no statutory definition of “Significant Extent/Participation”; however, examples of what might be considered a significant contribution include:
- will supply a new key technology, product or process
- will supply a novel application or approach to an existing technology, product or process
- will provide a material increase in the performance, efficiency, quality or versatility of a key technology, product or process
- will accomplish a significant amount of the prototype project
- will cause a material reduction in the cost or schedule of the prototype project
- will provide for a material increase in performance of the prototype project
The Government will determine “significant extent/participation” in their evaluation of the solutions.