Director, Training and Readiness Accelerator (TReX)
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL), a fast-growing provider of acquisition services to the US federal government, is looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to direct our modeling, simulation, and training (MS&T) program efforts. NSTXL is the consortium manager for the Training and Readiness Accelerator (TReX), which contracts, develops, and delivers innovative MS&T prototypes to enhance the military’s mission effectiveness and readiness. TReX also enhances military mission effectiveness and readiness by demonstrating and assessing the military utility of both developmental and operational prototypes through experimental validation. The TReX program director will work directly with military, commercial and academic stakeholders to help identify and secure solutions for military needs and help facilitate their successful completion.
The Director is the day-to-day manager of the TReX program interacting with the government clients to ensure the program runs effectively. Responsibilities will include managing the Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) acquisition process (pre-solicitation through award), performing program management functions for the TReX vehicle, and generating new prototype projects through continuous customer outreach.
Managing OTA Acquisition Process
- Work with our government clients to formulate clear, concise prototype solicitations.
- Act as a knowledgeable liaison and partner to the requiring government activity and contracting command.
- Manage the solicitation process in conjunction with other NSTXL staff.
- Work with our government clients and commercial/academia prototype developers to ensure successful prototype completion in conjunction with other NSTXL staff
- Serve as primary point of contact for ACC Orlando and PEO STRI TReX teams and requiring government activity
- Track, monitor, and develop any needed solutions related to project invoicing, schedule, and performance.
- Working with other NSTXL staff, maintain awareness of overarching consortium status, financial status, and agreement milestones
- Actively and consistently engage with key stakeholders to maximize industry participation within the TReX community (private sector, academia, and government).
- Create curated outreach plan that continuously identifies requiring activities with needs aligning to the TReX scope.
- Provide OTA-related insights and connect the needs of potential government clients to the TReX vehicle.
- Work with other NSTXL staff to create new content to position NSTXL and TReX as thought leaders in the MS&T space.
- Stay topical on the latest technology trends and developments across the relevant TReX technology categories.
- Lead and host our MS&T industry events and participate in speaking roles at other events as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in software, engineering, business, policy, or related field.
- 5 years of program management experience.
- Federal contracting/acquisition experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of current MS&T technologies such as augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR), medical tech, cybersecurity, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication capabilities.
- Good team working and team building skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Problem solver.
- Master’s Degree in software, engineering, finance, business, policy, or related field.
- 10+ years of program management experience.
- Experience working effectively with technical and commercial business stakeholders, including strong facilitation skills.
- Orlando, Florida.
- Travel for this position is estimated at 25%.
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL) harvests innovative technology from the commercial and non-defense marketplace, ensuring the development of better, cheaper, and faster defense capabilities. We offer a unique and simplified approach to rapidly develop, demonstrate, and assess prototypes that address a range of operational and installation needs, from individual Warfighter technology up to large-scale installation projects. NSTXL delivers technology to the Warfighter by serving as a one-stop shop to match government requirements with innovative private-sector and academic solutions.
The Training and Readiness Accelerator (TReX) aims to expedite development, demonstration, and delivery of prototypes to increase Warfighter readiness via modeling, solution, and training (MS&T) focused projects. TReX will contract over a broad range of technologies including:
- Artificial Intelligence (Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Semi-Automated Forces)
- Cloud Computing (Cybersecurity, Networking, and Processing)
- Cybersecurity (Electronic Warfare, Offensive/Defensive Operations, Training and Test Environment Emulation)
- Instrumentation (Test and Evaluation (T&E), Soldier Tracking and Engagement, Digital Ranges)
- Medical Modeling and Simulation (M&S)
- Military Gaming Applications
- Soldier Immersion (Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality)
- Synthetic Terrain (Dense Urban Terrain)
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.